Saturday, May 4, 2013

Star Wars Day 2013

So happy Star Wars Day! May the 4th be with you! I am not afraid to let my geek flag fly!

Here are my thoughts for the week.


  • Eating two Angus Deluxe snack wraps at McDonald's is three more points than a Angus Deluxe by itself. I usually order a snack wrap with a fruit and yogurt parfait, but they didn't have any berries, so I ordered two of the snack wraps. Not a good decision.
  • I'm thinking about freezing chocolates because it will require me to really take my time to eat them frozen. I <3 the Weight Watchers Dark Chocolates.
  • I found out that I lost 2.6 this week. So good to be on the way down. 27.4 pounds more to go til I can pick up where I left off
  • Frace is good stuff and it's easy on points. It's fat free & sugar free soft serve frozen yogurt.
  • It's just like old times in regards to Weight Watchers. So good to be back
  • The single serve Skinny Cow ice creams are awesome! They're only four points! It's enough to keep me from buying a pint of the higher point stuff. If I bought a pint of the higher point stuff it lead to me eating the entire thing. Sharing a higher point version would work too.
  • I still think my vitamins are keeping me on plan. If I don't take them I feel like pigging out uncontrollably.
  • I survived my first charity walk. I walked three miles in memory of my Grandson in the March of Dimes March for Babies.
  • I went on my first hike of the year. 30 pounds really makes a big difference.
  • I need to track when I eat because if I don't I may forget to track something
  • "The Place Beyond the Pines" is a good movie. Yes, it's not weight loss related, however, I am proud that such a good movie was shot here in the Capital Region. Thought it was worth a mention.
That's all.

Thank you for reading!


6 comments:

  1. I can't have artificial sweeteners so I can't have fraces, but I have loved Dole Whip since I was a kid...sort of a low-fat non dairy orange soft serve. I know Tastee Freeze in Delmar has it, not sure about other places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, that's where I had the frace. I've been tempted to try Dole Whip, but I always want chocolate when I go to a place that serves it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had these moments of "what's happening to me?!" lately when I think, hey, I could use an ice cream. Then I realize that I would really rather have a green smoothie with blueberries thrown in. It's a health food snarfing world gone mad, I tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must have got rid of my popsicle makers when I moved -- I used to make these amazing homemade popsicles out of Goya fruit nectars.

    Overall, I have been trying to eat more protein and less sugar. I've put so much work into eating better/exercising, and it's good that I'm not TOO focused on the scale, since I've only lost one pants size and about 12 pounds in the last year that I've been doing this. Time spent hiking with my dog or eating bananas with peanut butter and chia seeds is never wasted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is wrong with you?!? I'm the same way! I've been eating a lot of low fat cottage cheese and fruit lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whatever works for you! I was very successful with a low fat, low sugar, high protein, lower carb diet when I was about your age. I'm for people losing all kinds of ways. Just as long as you're not starving yourself or bulimic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers and like to interact with them. Please know that I read and respond to (almost) every comment I get. I will respond to your comment as soon as possible.

I am open to constructive criticism, but if your comment is inappropriate (i.e. a personal attack, name calling, etc.) it will not be responded to and deleted as soon a possible. I reserve the right to moderate comments for any reason.

Thank you,

Wendy