Monday, September 17, 2012

The food didn't taste as good.

So I've been really out of control and last night I had a big blow out and I vowed to start again today. So far, so good, but that's not the point. Last night when I was doing the big blow out at one of our favorite pubs in downtown Albany  I noticed something. The food didn't taste as good.

I usually get this burger with cheddar sauce. I get the sauce on the side and I spread it very sparingly on the bread. Well, I got probably three times that on the burger. I also got mayonnaise dipping sauce for the fries. I usually forgo the dipping sauce. I started to eat the burger, and it was the worst burger I ever had there. I usually eat the entire burger and it's a great burger. I am not a big red meat person so for me saying it's a good burger is saying something! Keep in mind this was probably my fifth time having that burger there. I disliked the burger so much I only ate half of it. I ate all of the fries. which are arguably the best in Albany, if not Capital Region. I never give up fries there.

When I was done I was so full. I had a little trouble falling asleep because my stomach was so full. I haven't been that full in a long time and it didn't feel very good at all. It reminded me of my old days when I would eat and eat and eat. I don't know how I did it. As it is my stomach has gotten bigger over the weekend and my 18/20 shirt doesn't cover as well as it should.

I'm not happy that my eating habits have gone crazy, but I am happy that I was reminded of my bad habits and how horrible life was back in the old days. I think I learned a lesson last night. Let's hope it will stay with me.

As always, thank you for reading.



2 comments:

  1. Wendy, I know exactly what you speak of. Since I gave up the things I used to love, I find that they do not even taste as good as I remembered them and if I have a craving I will not deprive myself, instead I will eat that forbidden item to prove to myself that it really is not as GOOD as my memory is trying to trick me into believing. Not all foods fall into this catagory but 75% of them do, now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How I look at it is that I usually do get that burger and I enjoy it and I have a little cheese sauce on it. I didn't take my time to eat the burger and it was slathered in cheese sauce. Also, I was amazed how I had to stop and couldn't eat any more.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers and like to interact with them. Please know that I read and respond to (almost) every comment I get. I will respond to your comment as soon as possible.

I am open to constructive criticism, but if your comment is inappropriate (i.e. a personal attack, name calling, etc.) it will not be responded to and deleted as soon a possible. I reserve the right to moderate comments for any reason.

Thank you,

Wendy