I don't really like to use points for drinks. I do occasionaly splurge for a drink at a restaurat, but otherwise, I drink almost exclusively water.
I have another condition for drinks. I don't drink caffeine. A Doctor told me years ago due to two medical problems I have, I should not have caffeine. I've been caffeine free. as far as drinks, since 1993. Keep in mind that I still allow myself chocolate, which has caffeine, and in small amounts I'm ok.
I drink/have drunk the following flavored waters that are zero points per serving
- Vitamin Water XXX Zero
- SoBe Zero Calorie Life water
- Crystal Light
- Plain water with Mio
- Aquafina flavor splash
- Sparkling Ice
- Dasani Flavored water
- Decaffeinated Hot tea
- and just good old fashioned water with lemon.
I'm sure there are plenty of other alternatives out there, but those are how I drink my water. I hope this helps you get your water. However, beware, some of these options can add up to points if you drink enough. For example, if you were to drink a 16oz bottle of XXX Zero Water, it would be one point.
Do you have any "zero point" water suggestions? Please leave them in the comments!
As always, thanks for reading.
I've done really well with water with lemon juice in it and iced and hot tea. I really love juice and I miss it a lot. Water and tea are a lot cheaper, though.
ReplyDeleteI have an artificial sweetener intolerance, so zero-calorie beverages aren't an option for me.
I tried to stay away from artificial sweeteners for years because of my fatty liver and I just decided to start to incorporate them in to my diet. It's one of the things that will help me lose weight.
DeleteI love water but I know what you mean because my hubby isn't a big water drinker. He loves the Mio and Crystal Light and there's also this fruit flavored water called Hint Water. They also have a Hint Fizz that I've seen at BJs/Costco type stores.
ReplyDeleteI have kidney problems so I have to watch my fluid intake but if I drink less or more than 100-120 ounces of fluids a day, my kidneys go bonkers; the pain isn't worth it. I learned that water intoxication is caused mainly if you try to drink too much water at one time. In other words, if it's 8pm and you you're short 50 ounces of water, it's dangerous to drink the full 50 ounces at one time. On the days that I'm running around with no bathroom nearby, it's hard to get my fluids in and my doctor suggested I try to drink about 10 ounces every hour, sipping slowly from a bottle I can refill. That way, I can get my fluids in without overloading my bladder and without fear of water intoxication.
I understand drinking that much for medical reasons. However, there are some people in the WW community that are challenging themselves to drink at least 100oz a day. I heard somewhere you're supposed to drink 50% of your weight. If I had done that at my highest weight, I would have been drinking 192ozs of water. That can't be healthy.
DeleteThere was a college student back home, in Plattsburgh, who died from water intoxication years ago and I've been kinda freaked out about it ever since. They were trying to get around the whole hazing with alcohol thing and made him drink a lot of water, and it killed him.