Monday, August 6, 2012

I'm moving (sort of)

I'm working on getting my blog ready for a change. I will be changing my blog's name and I will be getting my own domain. Everything should be done by mid-September. I'm shooting for September 1. This blog will remain as is, but I'm importing everything from here to the new blog and I will leave a link to the new blog on my last blog post here.

I'm making changes because I realized that my blog's name is too long and my choice of blog address is too hard to remember. I didn't want to get advsinwtloss.com because that's just too hard to remember. It also doesn't tell you what my blog is about. I know that if I meet someone with a blog I'll write down the address and sometimes end up losing the paper I wrote it on.

The new blog name will be easy to remember and fun. So, if I meet someone at a Weight Watchers meeting or on the street I can just tell them what my new blog's name is and it will be easy to find. I will also be changing my Twitter handle, so people will know immediately what I'm all about.

Right now I do have the new blog as a place holder, so nobody else takes the name on blogger. I also have a Gmail account for that name too. I have my new blog title graphic up at the new blog and I will be revealing my blog's new name in hints on Twitter  in the next few weeks. Once I purchase my domain name, which I should be getting in the next two to three weeks, I will reveal the new blog name. I will keep everyone up to date on the progress here on a weekly basis. If you follow me on Twitter you will most likely get more inside information.

I am very excited! It's a new chapter for my blogging. I'll miss the old blog and have sentimental attachment to "Wendy's Adventures in Weight Loss", but I'm looking forward to having a new fresh name for my blog that is fun and easy to remember.

Hope to see you there!

As always, thank you for reading.

5 comments:

  1. Can you maybe change the white or violet (can't tell because it's triggering a neural optical response) on black font/color? It's murder on the eyes and triggers visual neural problems in me (and maybe others?)

    Not to be rude, just a suggestion. I've followed your progress via Twitter and I'd like to check in on your blog more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your constructive criticism. I design my blog based on what looks good to me and if someone is having a problem, I'm more than happy to accommodate. However, I'm not sure what you mean. The purple in the entry titles and the tags or the grey link color? The new blog is a black background with medium pink and medium purple. The new blog title graphic is black white and purple. The link and text colors are always subject to change.

      Delete
    2. PS: I think it's cool you have a LJ. I used to have one years ago. I started in 2001 and I left in 2008.

      Delete
    3. I haven't used my LJ in many years but I didn't have another option to log in as Google was having major problems yesterday lol.

      It's the light color on the black background that triggers an optical neural response. I cannot tell what the color is because the black background causes a problem. It is almost impossible for me to read your blog (or any blog) w/out squinting and coming away w/ a headache. It's a rare disorder (I'm sure I'm the only one of your current readers that has this) but it's good to know that it's not a good choice for everyone.

      Keep up the great weight loss work!!!!!!

      p.s. and now apparent;y it won't let me log in via LJ either! This is the OP violettfem

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers and like to interact with them. Please know that I read and respond to (almost) every comment I get. I will respond to your comment as soon as possible.

I am open to constructive criticism, but if your comment is inappropriate (i.e. a personal attack, name calling, etc.) it will not be responded to and deleted as soon a possible. I reserve the right to moderate comments for any reason.

Thank you,

Wendy