Saturday, February 11, 2012

Wendy and the horrible week.

Well, of course my week started off with a dead hot water heater and I called in to work. I'm still sick and worst of all I went over points knowingly. It wasn't a huge amount of points, but still. Had a few other unfortunate things happen I'm not going to mention. It's all about the points.

Thursday night we went to a little sushi place we just discovered a few weeks ago. For the record, if you don't know me, Hubby and I love sushi. It's our favorite thing to eat.. Anyway, we ordered a roll which we had never tried before. It ended up being more like a sandwich. It was like at least one cup of sushi rice per piece, there were four pieces. One cup of sushi rice is enough points for a meal. I ate two of them. The average sushi roll piece has about 1/4 cup of rice, in my estimation. The sushi rolls are usually pretty small too. They can be anywhere between the circumference of a quarter to a tennis ball (roughly). Those really big ones are very hard to eat. This was more like a turkey club with the crusts cut off. Two turkey club sandwiches with the crusts cut off.

I was eating that "roll" when I realized I was over points. I mentioned to Hubby early on that "I'm might go over points tonight, just so you know". I'm not sure what possessed me to say that or even do it. Yes, I have extra points. I had used about half of them at a Thai restaurant we'd never tried before on Tuesday. I also had a dove chocolate bar at work, out of the vending machine, the day we went to the sushi place.  I usually do not get food out of the vending machine at work.

About a month or so ago we were talking about "danger zones"  at a WW meeting and how to avoid them. I said "I don't bring any money to work for the vending machine", or something like that. Well, I've had a bunch of ones in my pocket for about week now. Note to self: stop bringing money to work. I also need to stop eating the chocolate on one of my neighbor's desk. I used to be able to avoid her desk, but they moved my desk and now I'm right next to her.

I used excuses when I got chocolate. This past week it was the fact I was sick and I was having trouble focusing so I figured I'd have a little caffeine. The only caffeine I allow myself is chocolate and it's been that way since 1993. I have two medical reasons why I don't allow myself caffeine other than chocolate.

This is not about depriving myself, it's about getting control over my points and managing them better. I need to get back in control. People may think I'm beating myself up over this. I don't really beat myself up over anything. I just think the slightest diversion from the path I'm on is REALLY BAD. This is a big deal! I am not willing to settle for only 100 pounds lost.

The road is starting to get even more rough. I need to regroup. I'm hoping the scale doesn't show my indiscretions. It probably will. I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I'll have to talk to my leader. I know for one thing I haven't been in my right mind since I started to get sick last week. I can't wait to get rid of this crap.

Thanks for reading.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Wendy. appreciate you sharing your struggles. I know first hand its not easy to do. I relate to what you are going thru as far as your mind not being right & really wanting it to be. Been going thru the same struggles. Been on a weight loss journey for 3 years and its full of great moments and challenges all in the same breath. I am trying to realize i will always have moments and its about getting up and getting back into it. I remember how far i have come & all of my accomplishments. Please dont give up on yourself wendy. You are doing what so many people do not do and choose not to do. Dont give up on you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. This year hasn't been the best so far. 2011 was a great year for me. I just realized it hasn't even been a month since I lost 100 lbs so I guess I'm not doing so badly. Once I feel better I think things are going to go back to 'normal'. Thanks for the support.

      Delete
  2. at my office i am the candy holder... ways of prevention for me is to make sure i have ww icecream candy bars in the company freezer or some skinny cow chocolates... if i have a weak moment i go for one of those... You have done great loosing 100lbs!!! dont let one bad week and temptation take you off completely.. everyoone has their bad weeks ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is definitely a good idea. I saw some Skinny Cow chocolates in the drug store down the street. I should buy some and keep them in my desk. Also considering bringing fruit cups in and leaving them in my desk. When I get hungry between breakfast and lunch or Lunch and dinner at work I'll eat a fiber one bar. That's four points. I need to eat more fruit!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers and like to interact with them. Please know that I read and respond to (almost) every comment I get. I will respond to your comment as soon as possible.

I am open to constructive criticism, but if your comment is inappropriate (i.e. a personal attack, name calling, etc.) it will not be responded to and deleted as soon a possible. I reserve the right to moderate comments for any reason.

Thank you,

Wendy