Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Good Riddence to Bad Habits: KFC Edition

So if you follow me on Twitter, or my public Facebook feed (which is basically my twitter feed on Facebook), you heard that I ate KFC last night. Big deal, right? Well, yes it is. I treated myself to "real KFC", I got extra crispy instead of grilled. I hadn’t done that in probably a year and a half. I thought I was giving myself a treat.BIG MISTAKE! My stomach felt horrible last night and I had trouble falling asleep. I woke up in the middle of the night and my stomach was bugging me so much I couldn't fall back asleep. Now here I am, more than 24 hours later and my stomach is still upset. Gee, I wonder why. As it is, I have no gall bladder and that can make life “interesting”. I have nobody to blame, I did it to myself.

I'm think it’s the amount of fried I ate. Usually the amount of fried I eat is limited to a Wendy’s chicken patty or less. What I ate last night was equal to two Wendy’s chicken patties or more. Eating that kind of food was normal for me. I thought nothing of eating things that were totally bad for me and in large quantities. Granted, you can eat that kind of thing on Weight Watchers, but in a smaller portions and the question is, "Will your body accept it?". Obviously mine didn't. I've changed my habits so much that the KFC sent me in a tail spin. No wonder I felt like crap when I was at my heaviest. One of the two times I went over points I ate so much, about 30 extra points, I had physical pain! Looking back, I felt pretty miserable. Fewer pains and problems now. I've learned garbage in garbage out,

After I ate my KFC, it was like 27 points, I turned to my husband and said "That is what I used to eat". I was appalled that I used to eat that, proud that I have changed my habits and proud of how far I've come. Then, my husband said to me "And then you'd have ice cream". I was shocked. I had no idea I was so out of control. I'm so ashamed. However, that is in the past and I'm a new person. So happy! Although I will admit, it did taste good;-)

2 comments:

  1. There is nothing to be ashamed of. You have changed your habits and are learning from your past behaviors.

    "Not guilty" before your new way of life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just realizing I can reply to comments. Thank you so much. I've had just so much self discovery in this journey. It's amazing how much my life has changed. It's amazing.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers and like to interact with them. Please know that I read and respond to (almost) every comment I get. I will respond to your comment as soon as possible.

I am open to constructive criticism, but if your comment is inappropriate (i.e. a personal attack, name calling, etc.) it will not be responded to and deleted as soon a possible. I reserve the right to moderate comments for any reason.

Thank you,

Wendy