I started to lose weight March 2010, I was 385. I just started to eat less and it worked. I'm 5'5" and I look back and I don't know how I managed at 385. I started WW on May 27, 2011. I have seen so many changes in my body in the last year and a half.
For Example:
- I can now bend over like a normal person. Yes, just bending over was a challenge. I used to have to spread my legs, to make room for my gut, and crouch down so I could bend over. Now I can bend over with no problem at all.
- I'm able to put my laptop in my lap. I have to lay back a bit, but I can!
- I can also slouch now. Yes, my mother always told me not to slouch. I was actually a dancer at one time and I had great posture, and still do but I enjoy being able to slouch. I was so fat at one point I actually was propped up by my gut!
- I have lost an entire size. I have gone from a very tight 30/32 to a "just right" 26/28
- One big thing for me was riding a roller coaster. I did that October 30, 2011, it was an incredible feeling to ride a roller coaster again.
I have so much to look forward to! Very soon I will be in what I call "1990's territory". Right now I weigh the same amount I weighed when I met my husband in 2005. Once I am under 280, I will be the same weight I was in 1999.
I am using the E-tools on Weight Watchers.com. I am lucky enough to have my Dad pay for my WW, I do monthly pass. I go to meetings in the Capital Region of New York State, where I live. I go a certain night of the week and I try to go every other week because I like to see larger weight loss results than just 1.5 pounds, 1.3 pounds, etc. My leader is Bette (Betty) and she's awesome. She lost 110 pounds on the original WW plan 1988. She is such an inspiration! She is about 5 feet tall and probably weighs 110 and has to be in her 70's. She's a real pistol! She kind of reminds me of my Paternal Grandmother. We do a cheer and sing a song at the end of our meeting. She makes things really fun. You always get a hug when you come in the door once you come to your second meeting. I don't get a hug anymore because I always come in late from work! I refuse to go on weekends because the meetings where I go are at like 8:30 in the morning on Sat and Sun and I am not a morning person, specially on the weekends! lol.
That's about all I can think of right now.
I look forward to sharing my weight loss journey on this blog. I hope it serves as inspiration to other people!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and leave a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers and like to interact with them. Please know that I read and respond to (almost) every comment I get. I will respond to your comment as soon as possible.
I am open to constructive criticism, but if your comment is inappropriate (i.e. a personal attack, name calling, etc.) it will not be responded to and deleted as soon a possible. I reserve the right to moderate comments for any reason.
Thank you,
Wendy